In case you don’t know- India will take on New Zealand in the first match of Women T20 World Cup today
– There’s a telecast for the match. At 8.30 PM IST.
– India won both their warm-up matches – Against West Indies, England
-New Zealand won one and lost one – Won against Sri Lanka, Lost against West Indies.
– Form of Harmanpreet Kaur (smashed 62 off 32 against England)
-Spinners, especially, Poonam Yadav.
– Inconsistency, lack of experience in lower middle order batting.
-A lot of dependency on Mithali, Smriti and Kaur. New coach.
– Power hitters especially Bates, Devine.
– Go-to bowlers and more bowling options.
-Lost a match in the warm-ups.
– The captaincy change right before the World Cup adds extra pressure on Amy Satterthwaite.
Key for India:
-Since New Zealand struggles a bit against the spin, which is India’s strength, a lot depends on Poonam Yadav.
-At least one among Mithali, Smriti, Kaur must perform big. Veda Krishnamurthy has a good record against the White Ferns as well.
Key for New Zealand:
-Play Poonam Yadav well.
-Bates and Devine both with bat and ball.
– Pacers must pick Smriti and Mithali ASAP.
Youngsters to watch out for:
Jemimah Rodrigues and Amelia Kerr