1. 100-200 Gms Whole green gram
2. 200 Gms Jagerry
3. 200 Ml Milk
7. 4 Tbsp Ghee
8. 4-5 Cardamon
9. Pinch Salt
1. Take about 150-200 gms green moong dal and soak it overnight. In the morning rinse well and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Add little water and cook.
2. Fry cashews and raisins in ghee keep aside.
3. Fry coconut pieces in ghee till brown colour.
4. Prepare jaggery syrup from 200 gms jaggery. Here we no need string consistency.
5. We need 1 glass of boiled milk.
6. Dry roast 4-5 cardamon and crush them in mortar or pestle.
7. In a kadai or heavy bottomed vessel
8. Add cooked green moong dal along with water.
9. For this only, I told to add little water. Do not waste water when boiled veg or dals.
10. Add a pinch salt this is for taste
11. Add the boiled milk allow to boil well. This makes the dal to cook well and it becomes mushy.
12. Stir continuously don’t burn at the bottom.
13. After it comes to a rolling boil add fried cashews and raisins. Mix well
14. Add fried coconut pieces.
15. Give a quick stir
16. Add crushed cardamon it gives a nice taste.
17. Add prepared jaggery syrup, strain it before adding it to the payasam.
18. Give a quick mix and just switch off in 2 mins. There a chance to curdle upon.
19. Green gram payasam is ready.
20. Serve warm. It’s very nutritious and filling.
From Cooking my passion