After the Narendra Modi government scrapped Article 370 in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan has announced a ban on Indian movies in cinemas in the country. A policy was being drawn to ban all Indian cultural content in the country.
Pakistan’s decision comes in the wake of the revocation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. A government statement from Pakistan also declared that they were suspending trade between India and Pakistan.
A press statement released included that the following steps will be implemented with immediate effect:
– Downgrade diplomatic relations with India.
– Suspend bilateral trade with India.
– Review bilateral arrangements.
– Take the matter to the United Nations, including the Security Council.
– Announced that the Pakistani Independence Day (August 14) will be “observed in solidarity with brave Kashmiris and their just struggle for their right of self-determination”. It also announced that August 15 will be observed as Black Day.